Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM style upload "The style tarball is invalid"

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by inteldigital, Oct 23, 2018.

1. inteldigital

inteldigital Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I'm trying to make some style changes to the "Light" template. I downloaded the files, customised and am trying to re-upload to test the look but upon uploading the tar.gz file it throws "The style tarball is invalid" error and doesn't upload.

I'm compressing the directory directly with macOS terminal, is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks @cPanelLauren

EDIT: Managed to sort it out, but I'm now having issues with Installatron (3rd party I installed) the icons, they won't show on the style I've uploaded. Why is this? They show on every other theme I have?

Anybody at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 inteldigital, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2018
  2. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You may have found a fixable bug here. Our intent by providing those tarballs for download is so that you can quickly change what you need to change and re-upload it. If that's breaking down, it's a bug!

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @inteldigital

How'd you sort out the "invalid tarball" issue? I think the details would be helpful. As far as installatron, I'm not sure, are you getting any specific errors in the cPanel error log? Also, have you tried reinstalling it after the theme was in place?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. inteldigital

inteldigital Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @cPanelLauren thanks for getting back to me.

The invalid tarball issue was my own fault. I hadn't cd into the desktop (where the folder containing the files was) and as I was dropping the full path from desktop to terminal it was nesting the theme folder into other folders /hdd/user/path/Desktop example it was creating a folder for each step and once I executed tar from the Desktop it uploaded just fine.

I haven't tried reinstalling Installatron, I tried repairing it and it didn't help, but I'm thinking reinstalling is a bit too far? Am I supposed to reinstall it every time I make some amendments to to the theme during the development process?

5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Ben/ @inteldigital

I'm glad the invalid tarball error was resolved thanks for letting us know what the situation was.

Not necessarily, I just suggested it because you were having issues with it.