WHM style upload "The style tarball is invalid"

inteldigital

Apr 5, 2018
England
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

I'm trying to make some style changes to the "Light" template. I downloaded the files, customised and am trying to re-upload to test the look but upon uploading the tar.gz file it throws "The style tarball is invalid" error and doesn't upload.

I'm compressing the directory directly with macOS terminal, is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks @cPanelLauren

EDIT: Managed to sort it out, but I'm now having issues with Installatron (3rd party I installed) the icons, they won't show on the style I've uploaded. Why is this? They show on every other theme I have?

Anybody at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
trying to re-upload to test the look but upon uploading the tar.gz file it throws "The style tarball is invalid" error
You may have found a fixable bug here. Our intent by providing those tarballs for download is so that you can quickly change what you need to change and re-upload it. If that's breaking down, it's a bug!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @inteldigital

How'd you sort out the "invalid tarball" issue? I think the details would be helpful. As far as installatron, I'm not sure, are you getting any specific errors in the cPanel error log? Also, have you tried reinstalling it after the theme was in place?

Thanks!

inteldigital

Apr 5, 2018
England
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi @cPanelLauren thanks for getting back to me.

The invalid tarball issue was my own fault. I hadn't cd into the desktop (where the folder containing the files was) and as I was dropping the full path from desktop to terminal it was nesting the theme folder into other folders /hdd/user/path/Desktop example it was creating a folder for each step and once I executed tar from the Desktop it uploaded just fine.

I haven't tried reinstalling Installatron, I tried repairing it and it didn't help, but I'm thinking reinstalling is a bit too far? Am I supposed to reinstall it every time I make some amendments to to the theme during the development process?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi Ben/ @inteldigital

I'm glad the invalid tarball error was resolved thanks for letting us know what the situation was.

I haven't tried reinstalling Installatron, I tried repairing it and it didn't help, but I'm thinking reinstalling is a bit too far? Am I supposed to reinstall it every time I make some amendments to to the theme during the development process?
Not necessarily, I just suggested it because you were having issues with it.