The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by gorgo, Feb 13, 2002.

1. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

I, would like to make a whm theme, but can't seem to locate the actual files on the server... if possible nick, can you please point me to these files.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:f2b0b8583b][i:f2b0b8583b]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:f2b0b8583b]

I, would like to make a whm theme, but can't seem to locate the actual files on the server... if possible nick, can you please point me to these files.

Thanks
    Kevin[/quote:f2b0b8583b]

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes

3. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick

4. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

oh hmm, kinda :)

What I want to beable to do is make full blown themes like cpanel has, any way to do that yet? by make API calls to the whostmgr server to output the specific information?

I would like this feature, if its not already included. I know its alot to ask, but the theme I'm designing, I'm willing to release it to everyone on this system as an included theme...

From what I can pull together now, WHM output is generated by the server itself.

Thanks
    Kevin

5. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:54a963cdd2][i:54a963cdd2]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:54a963cdd2]

oh hmm, kinda :)

What I want to beable to do is make full blown themes like cpanel has, any way to do that yet? by make API calls to the whostmgr server to output the specific information?

I would like this feature, if its not already included. I know its alot to ask, but the theme I'm designing, I'm willing to release it to everyone on this system as an included theme...

From what I can pull together now, WHM output is generated by the server itself.

Thanks
    Kevin[/quote:54a963cdd2]

You can't modify it.. you never will be able to as its would be too easy to create a theme that accidently kills httpd.conf or the whole server for that matter.

6. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

How do you mean it would be to easy to make a theme that would kill the server? If the theme is only allowed to call functions that already exist, it should be no problem

7. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Yes! I very much would like the ability to modify the WHM theme to the same extent as CPanel. Can't someone make this happen?:p

8. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

Nick, if we can't modify the skin, can I possibly make an interface and send it to you, and if approved, you can implement it?

My theme would be to simply clean up WHM

9. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:957998d7a7][i:957998d7a7]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:957998d7a7]

Nick, if we can't modify the skin, can I possibly make an interface and send it to you, and if approved, you can implement it?

My theme would be to simply clean up WHM[/quote:957998d7a7]

Sure.. you can always send me something :)

10. teck

teck Well-Known Member

[quote:83dc8e873a][i:83dc8e873a]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:83dc8e873a]

My theme would be to simply clean up WHM[/quote:83dc8e873a]

Please do.. I hate scrolling all the way down to get to the vital parts of WHM :)

11. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick, I'll have a demo for you soon. I just need to make some of the 'extra' pages to look right... I'll make a post under themes when its ready, and where you can see it

12. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

WHM Themes

Hey gorgo,
    When you're done, can you post a little &how to& post so we can try to design our own?

Thanks!

13. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

You can't design your own...

The reason for this is, the output you see on the left hand side is controlled by the WHMD application (Web Host Manager Daemon)

This skin I'm designing, I will be sending to nick for hopefully integration into the system... Its very hard to write a page for WHM because there is well over 100 different pages to build into the same style. Also, security is a big issue with WHM, therefore nick does not allow custom skins to be made...

a Demo of my skin is partially online for your viewing pleasure
    http://www.fracturedreality.net/whm-skin

14. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:120cadf7b6][i:120cadf7b6]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:120cadf7b6]

You can't design your own...

The reason for this is, the output you see on the left hand side is controlled by the WHMD application (Web Host Manager Daemon)

This skin I'm designing, I will be sending to nick for hopefully integration into the system... Its very hard to write a page for WHM because there is well over 100 different pages to build into the same style. Also, security is a big issue with WHM, therefore nick does not allow custom skins to be made...

a Demo of my skin is partially online for your viewing pleasure
    http://www.fracturedreality.net/whm-skin[/quote:120cadf7b6]

I'm have something for you in the very near future so you can implement your skin.

15. bdraco

bdraco Guest

http://web.cpanel.net/gorgo.whmtheme

This should get your started on actually getting this to work

(.whmtheme is a .tar.gz file)

-Nick

16. bdraco

bdraco Guest

Note: you must be running build 121 or better for this to work..

17. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

so Nick, I can use what you sent me to finish designing the theme? Its basically a themeball correct? Are you thinking of Making WHM skinnable by anyone?

What do you think of the skins design and layout. I chose to use Popup windows to keep things clean. and easy to navigate...

Will my pop ups work as they do in the demo version? some of the links in the demo actually work (all the ones in the server catagory, and restart catagory)

18. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:5ebc157f65][i:5ebc157f65]Originally posted by gorgo[/i:5ebc157f65]

so Nick, I can use what you sent me to finish designing the theme? Its basically a themeball correct? Are you thinking of Making WHM skinnable by anyone?

What do you think of the skins design and layout. I chose to use Popup windows to keep things clean. and easy to navigate...

Will my pop ups work as they do in the demo version? some of the links in the demo actually work (all the ones in the server catagory, and restart catagory)[/quote:5ebc157f65]

Anybody should be able to make a whm theme .. just upload that theme ball and select it as a theme

19. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

Nick, can you please remove my themeball from the Distro? I don't know how many servers its been propigated too, or if its only on my server, but if selected, it makes a big mess of everything. Since my theme is NOT finished yet, you cannot change it back unless you do it manually via the URL...

When my theme is 100% complete, I will be willing to have it included in the WHM Distro.

Thanks
    Kevin

20. akashik

akashik Active Member

That sounds like a great idea. While I love the new features for the most part, that's becoming a *long* scroll on this 800x600 laptop :)

Hmm, just imagine a javascript menu that collapses as needed in a folder tree style...

Seriously though, maybe a tighter menu? Some CSS to bring the text down to 10 points or so, and closer together.

Saw Gorgo's inital display and it's a good idea as well (very WebMin looking).

Greg Moore