The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whm Transfer Tool Terminated Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by vinod79, Jul 29, 2015.

1. vinod79

vinod79 Registered

While moving 5 accounts from another cpanel/whm server, 4 got transferred properly and 5th one (50GB) was taking huge time. So terminated the same using abort tool. Even then it was simply showing Aborting message for 2 hours. So to stop the transfer I followed instructions in one of the thread on this forum:

Found the process ID (MASTER) for the transfer session and killed it:
    kill -9 20802

Updated mysql database table: mysql -e "update whmxfer.sessions set state='100', endtime='2015-07-30 03:15:00' where sessionid='xxxxxxxxcopya201507281637278xFIZS'"

After this the session was showing as completed, but the detailed review page is still showing as Aborting...

I manually killed all processes associated with the session id, but still it is showing Aborting.. How do I stop this. Also will I need to stop any process on source as well?

2. ModServ

ModServ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Issue this command to get any process that have cp or trans letters in it "cpanel, cpmove, transfer, etc...":
    Code:
    ps aux | grep -E 'cp|trans'
    Then kill all of them using kill -9

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you update this thread to let us know if the issue continues after manually killing any processes associated with the transfer?

Thank you.