The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM under cloud VM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eviang, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Eviang

Eviang Registered

Feb 13, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi guys,

From what I've read, it is possible to user WHM/cPanel in cloud enviroments like Google Cloud (not straight forward) and Amazon AWS. They way I see it WHM is perfect to manage *unlimited* clients givinig cPanel to each one and it is even possible to have everything automated so new customers are attended without human participation.

My 2 questions are:

1. Is it possible for WHM to increment a VM/container in let's say Amazon EC2 on-demand? Or it will be necessary to use the cloud's auto-load?
    2. Is it possible to have one main server with WHM and lots of children servers where the hosting is currently made at?
    Let me explain the second question. I know you can have a huge server in Amazon or whatever to host your WHM and maybe thousands of virtual clients/domains but what happens if I get a customer that wants a dedicated server? I would very much like WHM to handle it on its own. Create a new VM from one of my images, configure as per the new customer data and from them treat that new server just like any other virtual server.

Thanks ;)
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Support for Google Cloud is not available at this time, but you are welcome to implement a custom workaround on your own. Also, feel free to vote and add your input to the existing feature request for it at:

Google Cloud DNS integration | cPanel Feature Requests

1. There are no native features in cPanel/WHM that would support this type of action.

2. This isn't possible, but the following feature request may interest you:

Support For Cpanel Server Scaling On Amazon AWS (ie horizontal scaling) | cPanel Feature Requests

Thank you.