Eviang

Registered
Feb 13, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi guys,

From what I've read, it is possible to user WHM/cPanel in cloud enviroments like Google Cloud (not straight forward) and Amazon AWS. They way I see it WHM is perfect to manage *unlimited* clients givinig cPanel to each one and it is even possible to have everything automated so new customers are attended without human participation.

My 2 questions are:

1. Is it possible for WHM to increment a VM/container in let's say Amazon EC2 on-demand? Or it will be necessary to use the cloud's auto-load?
  2. Is it possible to have one main server with WHM and lots of children servers where the hosting is currently made at?
Let me explain the second question. I know you can have a huge server in Amazon or whatever to host your WHM and maybe thousands of virtual clients/domains but what happens if I get a customer that wants a dedicated server? I would very much like WHM to handle it on its own. Create a new VM from one of my images, configure as per the new customer data and from them treat that new server just like any other virtual server.

Thanks ;)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Support for Google Cloud is not available at this time, but you are welcome to implement a custom workaround on your own. Also, feel free to vote and add your input to the existing feature request for it at:

Google Cloud DNS integration | cPanel Feature Requests

1. There are no native features in cPanel/WHM that would support this type of action.

2. This isn't possible, but the following feature request may interest you:

Support For Cpanel Server Scaling On Amazon AWS (ie horizontal scaling) | cPanel Feature Requests

Thank you.