WHM won't log me in and there isn't an error.

LWNaven

Registered
Mar 4, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
OK, the company I have my reseller account with seems to be taking a long time to look into this and I was hoping I could get some idea of what actually is going on. I tried my username and password I was given and it doesn't log me in. It simply looks like its refreshing the page on login. I do get an error message when I enter the wrong username and password, though, so I know its not a bad login. I've also tried this on both IE and Firefox and cleared my cache and any relevant cookies as well. It most likely is server side, yet I seem to be the only one with the problem.

Is there something that WHM usually is doing when this sort of thing happens? If so, I'd like to know so I can let the admins know so they can look into it more quickly. Thanks for the help! =)

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There could be a firewall blocking access to the cPanel and WHM ports, anywhere from your local computer, the router your local computer is plugged into, your ISP, all the way to the server itself and the network that hosts the server.

Many hosts have proxy subdomains enabled, which allow access over port 80. Have you tried whm.domain.tld or cpanel.domain.tld?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You might do best to try contacting your Hosting Provider again on this. Do they have the proper ports opened in the firewall? We don't know that here, but they should be open by default. Your provider can check his server logs for clues I'm sure. If you're blocked by the firewall, only they can get you back in as well.

LWNaven

Registered
Mar 4, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
If I was blocked by a firewall, I wouldn't see the login page. I see it and I can post the login, but it doesn't log me in. I can post an invalid login and it says my login is invalid.

storminternet

Nov 2, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If I was blocked by a firewall, I wouldn't see the login page. I see it and I can post the login, but it doesn't log me in. I can post an invalid login and it says my login is invalid.
First try to access cPanel with your details and then WHm. If you are able to access cPanel and not WHM without any error then I suspect you may not have reseller privileges to your account.