Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHMAPI1 Configure remote service IPs?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Haioken, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Haioken

Haioken Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Is there a function in WHMAPI1 (or WHMAPI0) that allows a reseller (given appropriate permissions) to add additional IPs to ips.remotedns?

We need to export this capability so that a reseller can allow their customers to create addon domains on their own nameservers, however we will not be allowing WHM access.

I've looked through the documentation, and couldn't find anything, but I might be glancing past something obvious.

Kind Regards,

Hayden Katz

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Haioken,

You can manually store new IP addresses in the /etc/ips.remotedns file as a line-separated list, however there's no corresponding WHM API 1 function for this feature. I recommend submitting a feature request if you'd like to see this offered as a WHM API 1 function:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haioken

Haioken Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like a feature request already exists and remains unactioned for 2 years.
    I understand that this is likely a result of low interest in WHMAPI changes in general.

In light of the fact that this is unlikely to be implemented in the foreseeable future, is there any other way I can control this remotely?

Perhaps something I can extend?

I know that UAPI can have custom perl modules, which I could've used by detecting reseller permissions and ACLs for the user, however unfortunately my user's are in CloudLinux CageFS containers - which means they'll probably be unable to access the required files.