WHMCS Access Denied cPanel API Access

aloglol

Registered
Apr 22, 2021
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

I have recently seen that my users can't connect to the server. Whenever they're trying to connect from their WHMCS it says "Access Denied". I have given all the correct ACL grants to the reseller accounts but still can't connect. My firewall also has the IP address whitelisted. How do I overcome this situation?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! This might be a better question for WHMCS to see what permissions are required. If your WHMCS license is purchased through cPanel, you're always welcome to submit a ticket to our team and we can look into this further and then escalate to WHMCS as necessary.

aloglol

Registered
Apr 22, 2021
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hey there! This might be a better question for WHMCS to see what permissions are required. If your WHMCS license is purchased through cPanel, you're always welcome to submit a ticket to our team and we can look into this further and then escalate to WHMCS as necessary.
Thank you for your quick response. I have been in touch with WHMCS and the only thing they had said was to put right correct permissions on reseller user which it is set to correct ones from the start. They had also told me to edit /etc/host.allow file to add IP address of the WHMCS. Could you recommend something in order to fix this and also how would I allow IP of the WHMCS server in "host.allow'

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Go to WHMCS Admin -> System settings -> Servers,
select the server is question and click "Edit",
then in Server Details click "Test Connection"
does it say "Connection successful"?

aloglol

Registered
Apr 22, 2021
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Go to WHMCS Admin -> System settings -> Servers,
select the server is question and click "Edit",
then in Server Details click "Test Connection"
does it say "Connection successful"?
Thank you for the response.

It doesn't even let me connect to the server. When I go to add the server with "Hostname", "IP", "username", "password" it say's "Access Denied" and when using just "API" key it says "Permission Denied".

All IP's have been whitelisted and correct ACL have been set as well for it to work but it's not working.