The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHMCS....Anybody have trouble with this since 11.32.5 (build 10) ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superbyte, Oct 2, 2012.

1. superbyte

superbyte Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can't pin point the day this stopped, but do know we recently picked up the latest update 11.32.5 (10) and was building up a new domain this am with a WHMCS setup, and WHMCS no longer imports from cPanel, no longer can do any cPanel functions, ie; suspend/unsuspend, etc......

I have taken this to WHMCS support, they took a quick look and kind of shrugged it off....they thought it could be modsecurity, turned down modsec, no joy, did an update of apache to latest / greatest, no joy.....I am not a "finger pointing kind of sysadmin....." just need this to be full functioning again........

I know there are a lot of WHMCS users here, thought it was time to chime in here, see if we have any common denominators?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. pwhjenny

pwhjenny Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Make sure curl module works as well as try to disable any firewall if installed.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

You'll find many more WHMCS users on the WHMCS forums:
    WHMCS Forums

I've taken a look at your ticket personally and see that it was opened in January. Last message from Tech Support was asking for root access to take a closer look for you. That ticket is still open, waiting on your reply. I wanted to view the shrugged off thing myself but couldn't find that.

Whether you post here, or on the WHMCS forums asking the community to try and help, you might want to make sure you've posted all the details that might be causing the issue you're faced with.

The WHMCS forums are very, very active and is suggested for this question you have. If you want WHMCS support, you'll need to let them in to take a look at this for you.

Good luck! I hope you get this resolved quickly.

4. superbyte

superbyte Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the input guys.....
    Curl is in, and fucntioning, no changes to it. but for grins did a rebuild of apache yesterday....
    I do run Modsecurity, have disabled it for testing, no joy...........
    This morning, I did a upcp -- force no joy.........still not talking to whm

infopro...thanks for the input, but know this, I already looked to the WHMCS forums, found the EXACT problem here
    Connection issues with WHMCS and WHM/cpanel
    and ZERO REPLIES..............(that ticket dated July....)

I do have an open support ticket with WHMCS, not sure where you see it was "opened in January"....was just this week. Up until THIS issue, other minor issues *quickly* resolved by WHMCS support. I have granted access to the WHM server to support staff, I have offered several ideas......of course, one support rep suggested that I give WHMCS access (as I did the previous support rep (who couldn't connect to WHM due to hosts allow), that would fix it?

I reminded both support reps on this ticket (only 2 days old) that WHM and WHMCS live on the same server, and likely thier thought of FW, or cPHULK might not be valid, but disabled both for test, no joy............

I offered further input yesterday after getting a "not sure what else we can do" answer, suggested anything that I could think that has / or may have changed since this marriage between WHM and WHMCS worked last..........was "reminded" then, that if I post to a ticket not yet answered, it floats to bottom of the pile...............

I am a HUGE fan of this product, own several licences for same, and have used it for months. (all on the server in question).
    When I saw a NO REPLY in the WHMCS forums on the EXACT same problem, no update etc...(ticket listed above here), I pretty much blew off the WHMCS support forums.

I see very active cPanel and or user assists here, on ANY issues, ergo, why I posted here..........
    I also see much press that WHMCS and WHM/cPanel are touting the recent partnership, which is one/major reason I went with this solution..........and thought posting here might get some input from the cPanel folks (if there was something that recently broke WHMCS)........or at a minimum, they might be interested in the senario.....

Lastly, InfoPro, your comments lead me to believe you are involved with WHMCS? if you want to review the ticket in question, [Ticket ID: 849623] WHM/Cpanel import

...........this problem going on 2wks...........
    HELP???????

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I am involved with WHMCS and help out on those forums as well as here, daily. I have reviewed the ticket you mention, although I had read the dates on it wrong, my apologies for the mix up.

As mentioned, I have read the entire ticket, and your very long descriptive posts like you have above. What the Technician stated was that if you reply to a ticket multiple times, it is bumped down queue as they work from oldest to newest. They don't forget about tickets, or ignore them there.

cPanel and WHMCS have two separate ticket systems. If you'd like WHMCS Tech Support to come by for a closer look, you'll have to let them in.

What the Technician mentioned about your firewall was not about letting them in, after you allowed his IP, but WHMCS connecting to your server properly.

Please update your WHMCS ticket with root login details and lets get them in there to provide you with more complete support that you desire here.

I will monitor this for you and help get it resolved as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance!