The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who can answer me below questions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I am a new guy in our company. We have a host domain. And there are many hosted domains on our domain. I got a email from one of my clients. She asked me these questions.

1) Security of their entire network and hosting server (routers, security protocol etc..)

2) Since we have been a client, have they been compromised if so how many times and what was compromised

3) Regarding back-ups, how often are they backing up our data, and where is the data stored, on or off site
    How can i get these information form whm so i can reply her?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Only you, someone in your company, or your hosting provider, can answer those questions. WHM doesn't do everything or provide all information. It just makes some tasks easier.

3. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I see, thanks.

4. netkinetics

netkinetics Well-Known Member

Home is Baltimore, MD - Currently in the Philippin
    Err I'd be a little wary of someone trying to map the topography of your network. Offer generic replies as far as any routers or core distribution goes, i.e. "Your server resides on a Cisco certified network located in a world class facility".

I'd be certain you verified that user prior to answering those kinds of questions :) Looks a little close to 'sniffing' via social engineering to me.. but I'm about as paranoid as they come :P

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Netkinetics has a good point. Be careful what kind of details you give out. Users don't need to know everything.