who can answer me below questions?

ljwhite

Jun 20, 2005
I am a new guy in our company. We have a host domain. And there are many hosted domains on our domain. I got a email from one of my clients. She asked me these questions.

1) Security of their entire network and hosting server (routers, security protocol etc..)

2) Since we have been a client, have they been compromised if so how many times and what was compromised

3) Regarding back-ups, how often are they backing up our data, and where is the data stored, on or off site
How can i get these information form whm so i can reply her?
Many thanks in advance.

ljwhite said:
I am a new guy in our company. We have a host domain. And there are many hosted domains on our domain. I got a email from one of my clients. She asked me these questions.

1) Security of their entire network and hosting server (routers, security protocol etc..)

2) Since we have been a client, have they been compromised if so how many times and what was compromised

3) Regarding back-ups, how often are they backing up our data, and where is the data stored, on or off site
How can i get these information form whm so i can reply her?
Many thanks in advance.
Err I'd be a little wary of someone trying to map the topography of your network. Offer generic replies as far as any routers or core distribution goes, i.e. "Your server resides on a Cisco certified network located in a world class facility".

I'd be certain you verified that user prior to answering those kinds of questions :) Looks a little close to 'sniffing' via social engineering to me.. but I'm about as paranoid as they come :P