The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can help me in WHM ( dns ) ?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gonidelux, Oct 26, 2009.

1. gonidelux

gonidelux Registered

i have a problem with my dns ... i have my own dedicated server and i have created a host but i dont know which are my dns of my host... and now i cant switch my host with my domain .... thx

anyone ?

:)

2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I didn't get your issue exactly. Are you referring to the namserevers for your dedicated server? If you have two IP addresses then you can setup your own nameservers from WHM. Once you create your own nameservers, create child nameservers from your registrar control panel.

Kailash

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The DNS/name servers to use for hosted domains should match the DNS/name servers defined during initial server setup; these same DNS/name servers should be registered to your server IP addresses at your domain registrar.

Basic Example (where "domain.tld" represents a domain used for your DNS/name servers):
    ns1.domain.tld
    ns2.domain.tld

At your domain registrar, the "ns1" and "ns2" DNS/name servers should each be registered to a unique IP address available on your dedicated servers; checking with your domain registrar should help to determine how to do this as the process may vary between registrars. If your data center vendor is also the registrar they may be able to do this for you.

If the initial server setup wizard was already completed, you may access the DNS/name server information for viewing or to change it at the following menu path via root access to WHM:
    WHM: Main >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup

Reference:
    WHMInitialSetup < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki
    BasicSetup < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki