The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who deleted my post?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liebherr, Aug 23, 2006.

1. liebherr

liebherr Registered

I posted here on this forum with a question that I need answered today. I came back frequently and checked to see if anyone had an answer for me. The last time I checked, there had been 11 views but 0 replys. The next time I checked, the post was gone. I don't know why it was deleted because I posted a legitimate question about one of CPanel's features. If you can't post a question about a feature Cpanel has and how it works, then what kind of questions are acceptable here?

The title of my post was: Disk space. The feature is in the Disk Usage folder. The feature I wanted to know about was the "Clear File Usage Cache". As I really don't know that much about Cpanel, I wanted someone to tell me whether or not it would be safe to press the button without losing any files or anything. I assume it would be okay, but I wanted to ask to make sure. The tmp/analog folder is showing 19mb for usage. Would pressing the Clear File Usage Cache button free up the 19mb of disk space? I am asking, because over a period of time, my available disk space has been shrinking pretty quickly and I haven't added any files to the account to make the available disk space disappear. Is the File Usage Cache something that I can clear anytime to gain disk space harmlessly?

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

3. liebherr

liebherr Registered

PWSowner,
    Can you answer my questions? I assume from your signature that you should know a lot about CPanel. Thanks.

4. PWSowner

I didn't answer the question because I'm not sure. I know it will be safe, just not sure exactly what it does. I've never used it. I always do cleaning up manually.

5. liebherr

liebherr Registered

Thanks PWSowner. I contacted my web host and they disabled the analog stats and that added 19mb of disk space to my account. Thanks again for your response.

6. PWSowner

The stats programs do use up space.