sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
my ptr records werent perfect.after fixing that in datacenter they applied workaround for bug number 54751.I am not sure what fix does but my emails are now working good.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Case 54751 addressed an error condition that resulted in all remote deliveries failing when boxtrapper was disabled. This probably had little to do with PTR records (although proper PTR records help in general).

The only mod_security problem I'm aware of with 11.31 is more an incompatibility with MySQL 5.5. The schema used to generate the mod_security database table uses the deprecated TYPE keyword when specifying the data storage engine to use. The TYPE keyword is not valid in MySQL 5.5. When installing mod_security with MySQL 5.5, the table create will fail. This will be addressed with EasyApache 3.8.

sardlich, there have been significant changes in exim.conf genration (and editing), max emails per hour handling, and the Mail Delivery Report system. Most of the outstanding development work is User Interface related, centered around the Mail Delivery Report system. The 11.32 release notes should be online in a few days, which will give a much better run down of what has changed. This should give you an indication of where to expect the most rawness.

sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
emails have been fixed.as for the modsec I plan on fixing it in some point of time,for now I dont care much.There is an update to EDGE so all of you having errors with emails upgrade because it adresses the bug I had problems with

boonjackmedia

Apr 28, 2010
Cincinnati, OH USA
Been on Edge for 2 years with no major problems. Up until about 6 months ago I had it on automatic updates and turned that off pronto when Team cPanel must have had an expresso machine installed in the breakroom or something and started blasting out massive amount of updates almost every other day. Which was sweet but a tad-bit hard to juggle on auto... most of those issues were minor, just website javascript/ajax related and easily fixed.

About the worst issue I can think of was the latest Case 54751 on the 11.31.2.9 update a few days back - the 'ole boxtrapper bug, I invented a couple new cuss words over that one but it was worked out in a few hours by cPanel. Another important note is that all clients on the server run the same web setup (wordpress) that we dev and manage, so its not a typical shared hosting server.

sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
guys....can you please fix the issue with mail queue manager...no matter what i put into search box it gives me blank screen.I think that previous system was much better,but if you can you could list all the mails in the queue and eventually give the option to filter them.but a quick list would be great since some of us have only a few emails in queue so search is not needed...

sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
i did and they didnt provide the workaround but the bug is filed and it will be addressed in next update