The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who made phpsuexec ??? Nick ? Php.net ? Who ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mpierre, May 12, 2003.

1. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

phpsuexec is a blessing...

I would like to add the name of the person responsible for it in my daily prayers and on my last will.

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

QUOTE]Originally posted by sexy_guy
    Why is it a blessing?

I have phpsuexec installed
    Option in Tweeks checked

RESULT: Bouned messages with unroutable domain errors.

Uncheck option in tweeks

RESULT: No more unroutable error messages

I installed phpsuexec so i could use the tweek option but that doesnt work. It works the same was as if i didnt have phpsuexec installed. :confused:

The only way i got around it was to uncheck the option then i added the nobody return path fix to exim.conf. Thats it. I could also uninstall phpsuexec and it would work the same way, no difference.

#2 sexy_guy, May 12, 2003
    Last edited: May 12, 2003
  3. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

Ability to set a script to mode 0700 and block it from other users...

That is worth everything !

4. howard

howard Well-Known Member

http://www.localhost.nl/patches/ and with regards to the nobody bounce messages if its there on your system have you considered using /usr/local/cpanel/bin/sendmail in place of the symlink as logs quite a bit of debug info on how its being called and where from etc (like the info in suexec_log / error_log for phpsuexec)

5. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

What the patch listed at the above URL? I would have thought that when recompiling my server to include phpsuexec that the above patch would have been included. Also, what do you mean by the sendmail path?

6. howard

howard Well-Known Member

the url is were i belive phpsuexec patch which cpanel uses comes from (its roughly the same except for the paths for the php binary and some of the docroot changes are relaxed)

the sendmail thing i mentioned was that if you were still having problems with nobody sounding out mail with the phpsuexec patch installed, that if you had the /usr/local/cpanel/bin/sendmail file you could replace the sendmail symlink in /usr/sbin with it as it logs various debug infomation about how its being called by web scripts and where its being called from (e.g. the directory) as from your posts it seems to be causing you various problems