The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whoosh ... All Add-On Domains Disapeared ... What Happened

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by supie, Nov 13, 2003.

1. supie

supie Member

Created 12 account with 25 – 150 domains in each.

In one of the accounts created, I added 108 ADD-ON domains over a period of 2 weeks, got them all working, THEN ALL THE ADDON DOMAINS HAVE DISAPEARED. I am a newbie at Cpanel and I think that when you add an ADD-ON domain it also adds sub-domains, ftp accounts, parked domains (correct me if I am wrong)

So now the Account Information shows There are 109 sub-domains, 109 ftp accounts, 104 parked domains and 0 ADD-ON DOMAINS. If you go into each Manager the domains are all still there, except for the Add-On Domains.

Also if you go to File Manager all of the domains are listed and still have files.

If you try to go into the Add-On Manager and add one of the existing domains it gives the error that it already exisits.

If you try to surf to any of the Add-on Domains you end up at the main account domain.

I have set up the account with unlimited add-ons, sub-domains, ftp accounts, parked domains. Also the bandwidth quote is unlimited.

How do I fix the missing Add-on Domains?

Thanks in Advance ....

2. SiKoTiK

SiKoTiK Member

I think it could depend on if your running your own dns or not, but im not sure, hope this could help a little, you might want to ask your tech support

3. supie

supie Member

If you mean have I set up custom name servers the answer is Yes.

Considering I have 230 more domains on this server in 11 other account which are working fine, I believe the Custom DNS is ok.

Tech support is very poor on Cpanel only one guy knows Cpanel and he only works from 9pm to 6am and typically is never there when I have problems.

Also sent this to Cpanel Support.

With 108 sites down I was hoping that maybe some has a quick answer.

Also I case it is not clear this is a dedicate server which I have full access to.

4. supie

supie Member

Problem Resolved Update:
    FYI: I learned that when you add an ADD-ON domain it also adds sub-domains, ftp accounts, BUT NOT parked domains.

My tech support got the 108 add-on domains fixed.

The problem showed that all the add-on domains WERE NOW PARKED DOMAINS. (Tech was not sure how this happened)

It is my understanding of how they fixed it was: they copied the server aliases information from a backup of the apache httpd conf file into the current file.

Hope this helps someone else in the future