The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who's the cheapest hosting provider in internet..?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by domainsites, Aug 4, 2009.

1. domainsites

domainsites Registered

Hello Friends,
    Can anyone tell me who is the Cheapest Linux hosting Provider on internet, and what is the rates of the hosting plan of 5 GB Linux.

Also If the Hosting is a Streaming Server What are its Rate...

Golden Regards,
    Domain Sites Hosting
    Support Team

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

You are asking two questions here.

There are dozens of Linux-based shared hosting providers that will give you a basic package for less than $6 a month (though some require long-term commitments for that price). Consider DreamHost, HostGator, and 1and1, for example. They are all large, been in business for years, and I have excellent personal experience with them all.

If it's streaming, DreamHost provides a Darwin (QuickTime) server as part of the package. It cannot be used for live presentations, but on-demand (you record the audio or video first).

If you want live, you can consider someone like StreamGuys, which has great service and decent prices, but you'd probably be better off getting yourself a cheap dedicated server for this and installing the streaming app yourself. It's not that hard, really. 1and1 Internet dedicated boxes starting at $99. You might also check out 10tb.com, which gives you an awful lot of bandwidth, but at a higher starting price, but I have no direct experience with them.

Peace,
    Gene Steinberg

#2 Gene Steinberg, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  3. domainsites

domainsites Registered

Thanks for the Information

Hello ..

Thanks for the Information i will surely have a look at the site...