The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why 1 created account won't work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bodhi758, Mar 5, 2005.

1. bodhi758

bodhi758 Member

I have created several domains in whmX and they work. When I click on their IP in whmX it takes me to the default index. My problem... I have tried to create an account for highlandcraftsmen.com several times, when I click on the IP in whmX it won't even show me a default index. I have created sites after trying it and they work fine. I have deleted and re-created the highlandcrafsmen.com account and it still behaves the same way. I did notice that even after I deleted it from whmX and re-created it, it gave it the same IP address. I am able to type my main IP and use a switch to send it to the highland account and it comes up. Does anyone have any ideas about why this account wouldn't come up, and why it keeps assigning it the same IP address even after I have deleted and created other accounts before re-creating it. Any help would be appreciated, I have searched the forums and faq's and haven't found anything. I have a client who needs this info up. Thanks in advance for any help.

#1 bodhi758, Mar 5, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Make sure the entry for this domain is beign deleted from httpd.conf. You also need to clean up other sys/conf files left over by the system after deleting the account. If you need further help, contact us.

3. bodhi758

bodhi758 Member

Andy, thanks for the info... What root do I go under to clean up those files. Is this something I do manually or is there a tool?
    Another note... I deleted my highlandcraftsmen.com account and created a test account. The test account got the IP address that had been highlandcraftsmen.com's. The test account would not link to the index when clicking the IP(I still don't know why this IP is bad, but that isn't my beggest problem right now). I then re-created highlandcraftsmen.com and it got a new IP applied. I can click the new IP and it will take me to the default index. Now here is still the problem, when I enter the domain name highlandcraftsmen.com in my browser I get a "connection refused" error. I can enter the IP in the browser 216.180.235.253 and it goes right to it. I checked with GoDaddy and they said that they didn't see a problem on their end. I set-up another account... anythingrustic.com with the same exact info (same files, same nameservers on godaddy) and it works fine. Both domain names belong to the same client. The highlandcraftsmen.com is there main domain and it is not good that it is down now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :confused:

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I don't have any problem accessing this Web site, either with the IP and/or domain name. You need to clear the cache of your browser.

I also found a slight error with your DNS zone for this account.

5. bodhi758

bodhi758 Member

Andy,
    I'm not having a problem now either. I called GoDaddy right after I posted and asked if they saw a problem on their end. The person I spoke to said he didn't see anything but he was going to pass it on to someone above him. Perhaps they fixed the problem. Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond to my post and check on the site.
    One last thing... what problem did you find with my DNS Zone? A friend asked me to take over his server for him and I hit the ground running and am still learning. Please don't worry that you will insult me if you put it in really simple terms and instructions. Thanks again!