Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

why am I getting email quota warnings when the mailbox is empty?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by tamu93gt, Apr 24, 2004.

1. tamu93gt

tamu93gt Member

Does anyone know why am I getting email quota warnings when the mailbox is empty? Does anyone know how cpanel goes about deciding when your quota is reaching near its limit? Can I turn this notification off on a per domain basis?

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

In WHM Server Setup/Tweak Settings/Email Box Usage Warnings ticked or not ticked give an overall setting. Per domain, not sure would have to delve deeper.
    HTH :)

3. evisions

evisions Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity did you ever get this figured out? I am having something similar. I think I know the cause of the issue, but not the solution....

4. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

came accross this , I called it phantom email , what I had to do was create a pop3 on my own email client (for the email account that was showing full), download the phantom email ( 63 messages, 11 mb ) no email ever arrived but this emptied the box ! spooky!