The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I add an CMS?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Megagents, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Megagents

Megagents Member

I'm having 2 big problems

1. cPanel is not installing anything correctly.

2. I have yet to add any content management because of this and I am getting very annoyed. I did not pay for a site that I can't even put content on.

2. Megagents

Megagents Member

Can someone please explain that?

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. It just doesn't work right!!. Please fix it now! thank you. :mad:

here are the details:

it doesn't work

4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I want to know the same things. here is the details: it be broke.

5. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Translation: Please post some sort of an error or something we can try to help you fix. With the amount of information you posted nothing we can really do...

If you have absolutely no idea what you are doing you can always submit a ticket to cPanel and have them look.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Translation2: You really should be asking your host about this. They're the only ones who can fix.

7. Megagents

Megagents Member

How's this? Nothing it promises to install shows up on my site, understand that?

Yeah maybe but if they don't have any answers, i'll be back, especially since it's cPanel not (my host) Panel.

8. dvduval

dvduval Registered

ROTFL - That is one of the best replies I have seen to something like this ever! :D

9. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

The point others are trying to make is that you are not giving any information related to your problem. Your host (yes it is their problem since they need to sell service that works) would have access to the error logs and troubleshoot your account better than anyone here.

If not, then find another host.

good luck

10. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

As an addendum to what the other users have said above ...

In addition to not providing any specific details about your problem,
    you also have not stated the steps you have taken to install the CMS
    program or exactly what settings you chose which both have a major
    impact on the functioning of the program.

If you put the wrong file paths for installation or made other basic
    installation mistakes then the program of course wouldn't work!

What we need to know is more details about exactly what you did
    to try to install the program step by step and what it is (or isn't)
    doing now specifically (IE: what you see when you go to the site)
    before anyone here could help you with your problem.

11. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Please don't do that! I almost spit my coffee on the screen reading this thread! :D

"Dumb questions get dumb answers" LOL

12. Megagents

Megagents Member

Obviously I should just take this back to the beginning.

CMS is short for Content Managament System

I want to know why I can't install any of the availible systems to my website. I am a newbie and I am not as tech savy as the rest of you. Instead of replying like idiots you could've just asked for me to explain what I meant.

13. Megagents

Megagents Member

So if cPanel isn't working I should just ask my host? Then what is this forum for? Damn am I speaking in a foreign language here? I just need something like joomla or PHP-Nuke and it's not working for my site how freaking hard is that for you to understand? :mad:

14. Megagents

Megagents Member

When I try to use cPanel for content management...

nothing happens, get it? Nothing! Nothing shows up on my website! I don't know any other way to say it. Aren't some of you fimilar with cPanel, I press "New Installation" go to my site and there's nothing! Do I need to explain what nothing means to you since I seem to writing gibberish!

15. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I think you will eventually be banned from the forum with posts like these. You have been asked what errors you see in the error logs. You were also advised to seek support from your host. I suggest contacting your host and have them repair your problem. That is what they are paid for.

good luck, Yet again!

16. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

As hard as it may be to believe, no one here has the ability to see inside your hosting server. You offer no details or error logs which is needed to figure out the problem. Now how hard is that for you to understand?

Its not different than asking an auto mechanic to fix your car over the phone when the only diagnosis he gets is "it doesnt start".

well, you can then see the endless possibilities of trouble that can not be determined with such little information, yes?

Good luck.

17. dvduval

dvduval Registered

I think the key here is we need more detail about what you did.
    What steps did you take? What screen did you get stuck on? Was there an error message?

18. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

First of all I doubt that there is anyone in these forums that does not know what "CMS: stands for. second ..we assume since you administer a cPanel based server you have access to the sections in WHM and or shell access. Your question has already been answered. You were told (since you have no errors or other details) to ask your hosting provider for help. What you may fail to understand is that the hosts have control over cms moderation installs, over the number of databases your install use up and other aspects you failed to provide any details . Secondly your host has root access. It's impossible for ANYone here to fix your problem without either a ton of details or root level access. Since you don't have either ..we can't help you.

Your question to our community looked like if someone had bought a Toyota truck from a dealer in Arizona, got in it to drive it ... drove 10 miles from the dealership and it stop in the desert. Instead of calling the delership 10 miles away ..you took a plane to Japan and are standing in the front lobby to Toyota's headquarters ..speaking english and pointing towards arizona and yelling at us that "the damn thing is broke!!!" We ask what's broke? and you just say it doesn't work.

We can't help but wonder if one, it's out of gas and two, ..you stole it since you won't go back to the dealer 10 miles sway for help and three if you did and didn't get anyhelp first then we could blame them.

As to your exact problem with a cPanel server ..ever if we knew exactally what was wrong with it ..we can NOT fix it. Your hosting company ..or someone with root privilages has to either fix it or grant access to someone who can. Or it just may be that they are moderating your installs.

#18 rpmws, Jul 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  19. dvduval

dvduval Registered

Typically a host would be here asking questions, not the customer of a host.
    If your host is not supporting you, there lies the problem.
    The host bought the cpanel license.

20. Megagents

Megagents Member

Ok, I log-in and go to "SCRIPTS & STATS" and click on the smiling "Fantastico" icon. It takes me to a page that has:

"Navigation"

Fantastico Home
    Control Panel Home

"Blogs"

b2evolution
    Nucleus
    pMachine Free
    WordPress

"Content Management"

Drupal
    Geeklog
    Joomla
    Mambo Open Source
    PHP-Nuke
    phpWCMS
    phpWebSite
    Post-Nuke
    Siteframe
    Xoops

and more but i'm not going to name them all, you pretty much know this page. Anyway i'd go and click on PHP-Nuke and this message would show up
    I go over to click on New Installation and then it goes to a screen telling me to install in directory and to leave it blank if I want it on my root level domain
    Anyway I choose a username and password and click on "Install PHP-Nuke". It then takes me to a page saying
    So I click on "Finish Installation" and then it gives me an admin area url. I click on it and there's a bunch of icons. I go to content and make a test post, after i'm done I press "Add" and then I go to my site to find nothing. Here's my url http://animationnexus.com