The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why cPanel such pain when it comes to DNS???

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by serioussam, Jun 10, 2007.

1. serioussam

serioussam BANNED

Ok, i have transferred my accounts from one server to another, now the problem is I want to use the name servers. I have already changed IPs in namecheap. But whenever i try to assign the IP in WHM on the newer server it says.....

Sorry, the nameserver dns1.xxxxxxxxxxx.com already has the ip x.x.x.x assigned to it.

When i try to delete the name server IPs from my older server, it says......

Sorry, the nameserver ip x.x.x.x cannot be removing since it is still registered with an ICANN register.

grrrrrrrr now am stuck.....why does stupid whm care about what IP is registered with icann register whereas ITS NOT!!!!!

Any past experiences to get outta this situation?

2. rone

rone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    has nothing to do with WHM, you have transfered your domains to a other company that could take 48 hours and sometimes more till all databases are updated.

3. serioussam

serioussam BANNED

I have not migrated my domains, i have only used tranferred accounts. I want use same dns but with diff IPs.

cPanel wont just let me edit them.....seems like its querying whois which is pretty useless.

4. JayLevine

JayLevine Active Member

Sounds like you need to go to where you registered your domains... Then change the IP address associated with the name server there!

Probably easiest way to do this is to delete the nameservers dns1.... & dns2... at the domain registrar. Then let WHM assign new IP addresses, then go back to domain registrar interface & put the nameservers back.

Jay

5. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member

Disable name server whois checks in tweak settings (cPanel 11)