The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I get this error when I add this domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyDet79, Aug 7, 2003.

1. keyDet79

keyDet79 Well-Known Member

Nameserver ips for -edit-.net are: 64.94.117.196,63.251.83.77,66.150.161.132,216.52.121.240 Sorry, that domain (-edit-.net) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

-edit-.net has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain -edit-.-edit-.com . Ftp access has been granted with the username -edit- and the password -edit-

---
    I edited out some details. Anyone have an idea? It needs to be hosted on our own nameservers, it's just hosted elsewhere at the moment. Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

We have run into this a few times also. Basically it means your system already has a dns entry for the domain. We have to clearn the dns entry and wait a couple of hours before it will allow us to re-add the domain properly.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: