The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my security notice not go away?

Discussion in 'Security' started by jlimited, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jlimited

jlimited Well-Known Member

Security
    At this time, it is recommended that all customers using proftpd Switch to pure-ftpd as soon as possible to eliminate a potential security hole. It is important to consider that this security hole has not been verified. Multiple reports of compromised machines which have Trojans horse binaries installed with the proftpd group have been received. We wish acknowledge that there is only circumstantial evidence pointing to proftpd as the culprit, however we feel it is best to err on the side of caution. Customers who experience problems switching are welcomed to bypass the normal support procedure and submit a ticket directly at http://support.cpanel.net

Important Notice: Incompatible versions of /scripts and /usr/local/cpanel
    All servers running Release, Current, or Edge should ensure that their cPanel installation is up to date. /scripts from the 10.6 series are not compatible with older builds. Running /scripts/upcp will bring your cpanel installation into sync with your /scripts. This issue is addressed in the current builds, but until cPanel is updated you will not be able to remove zones from DNS if you have updated your /scripts.

Both of these are still showing, even after I switched to pure-ftpd and ran /scripts/upcp.

Does this still mean my server may have a security hole?

Thanks
    Jlimited

2. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I have the same thing and was also wondering why it wouldn't go away.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member