The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is SpamAssassin being heldback by upcp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaraBlue, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As I understood it, <a href="http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=327811&postcount=25">SpamAssassin 3.2.4 is a good thing</a>. That version finally comes out, I update to 3.2.4 (by running upcp), yet somehow SA gets rolled back to 3.2.3 the next night. I assume it's my error, maybe I had SA heldback to version 3.2.3 in .cpcpan/modules.versions.

I find that line in modules.versions so I comment it out and upgrade SA again(by running upcp from the command line) Next night when upcp runs, same thing. This time I deleted the line Mail::SpamAssassin=3.2.3.

The following night in the upcp email I see
    cPCPAN: Module (Mail::SpamAssassin) holdback (3.002004 held back to 3.2.3)
    Mail::SpamAssassin is up to date (3.002004).

I check the SA version and it's still 3.2.4, but in .cpan/modules.versions the line to holdback SA to 3.2.3 has been written back in, I'm assuming by upcp.

I'm wondering why upcp would be doing this? I mean, aside from A) making me think I've lost my mind, and B) pissing me off. I'd rather not have to chttr module.versions, but I will if this nonsense keeps up.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. vidarn

vidarn Member

I agree on the issue that 3.2.4 should be available without having to fiddle around with
    .cpcpan/modules.versions, thanks to MaraBlue for tipping me off on that.

On a server I upgraded to 3.2.4 on it has not been downgraded, and now it's been 2-3 days.