The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why my server is overload

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by preleaf, Sep 28, 2004.

1. preleaf

preleaf Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    Why my server is overload .althought my server havent use on it yet .recently my server always is attacked by IPs stranger .So help me this problem.everyone here help me!
    thank you so much

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

How are you being attacked ? Its possible the IPs you are using were previously used by a site or sites that were heavily targeted for whatever reason. This may just be a continueation of what happened previously. What kind of setup do you have? hardware or software firewall ? Is your ISP able to help out at all ? Perhaps determining the source of the attack or filtering out some of the traffic ? Perhaps ask for a new set of IPs, if it is indeed true you haven't used your server yet, or are not hosting anything that might be a target.

3. preleaf

preleaf Well-Known Member

Hi haze ,
    I
    read at status server was informed that :your cpu 100% but I havent use it yet .addmore I allways is received mail inform to me about IPs strange attacked.and recently ,I access to myserver by putty ssh so i dont know why its auto disappear that wasnt inform before for me .I manage my server and I didnt give to anyone account root .Before scan trojan on myserver then I have received trojan that i think this reason my server ia attacked by strange IPs .Pls help me.
    Regard
    Preleaf

4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    do u have the ip's with you ? i meant the ip addresses that attacked your server ? then you can block it from your server.

5. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

I would suggest installing and running rkhunter and chkrootkit. There are guides on getting and installing both here on the server. Do you have a firewall running? If not get APF on there asap, but if you don't have one you are probably already hacked.