The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why or how WHM is associated with SSL Installation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krn1231, Oct 19, 2011.

1. krn1231

krn1231 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I was asked to do get Familirized with SSL Certificate installation for our WebServices Application .
    I got comfortable with self signed certificate creation and installation under tomcat . (only for knowledge purpose )
    But in general after buying an ssl certificate from a vendor , how do we install it to the server . ( when i googled for this , a lot of tutorials or videos just talk about WHM Cpanel for doing this task)
    Could anybody tell me what is this WHM ?? and to why to register with this , to install an 3rd party SSL Certificate to our domain ??

cant we do this manually once we buy the certificate from an trust provider ??

Please excuse if my questions are dumb , as for the first time i was asked to see the SSL Certificates
    Please let me know this , Thank you very much

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. krn1231

krn1231 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thank you very much , i have gone through the links you mentioned , Is this a Hosting Services provider ?? Is it mandatory to host our servers from WHM ?? that means to install a SSL for our domain , is it mandatory to host our servers from WHM

#3 krn1231, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011