The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild Card SSL installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minosjl, Jun 8, 2013.

1. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello All,

I would like to know how we can install an wild card SSL certificate I have purchased for a domain and its sub domains in a cPanel server. I have already set a dedicated IP address for the main domain. The sub domains are using the same ip address of the main domain, because its created under the main cPanel account.

While I use the common name as *.domainname.com at the time of SSL installation in the WHM panel, I am getting the error as its not possible to install it a domain user. Need to use the domain user name as "nobody"

So as a total where I can find a documentation about Wildcard SSL installation?

Thank you :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Prior to cPanel version 11.38, wildcard SSL is not natively supported. You have to follow the manual workaround method provided at:

SSL Certificates Across Multiple Hosts

cPanel version 11.38 offers improved wildcard and UCC/SAN certificate support, and allows users to use the same certificate for multiple subdomains. You can find the release notes at:

11.38 - Improved SSL Management System

cPanel version 11.38 is currently only available in the "Edge" and "Current" build tiers, so it's not yet intended for production machines. You may want to consider waiting for it to be pushed to the "Release" build tier (it's scheduled to be pushed to the RELEASE tier this evening) if you do not want to use the unsupported custom workaround in the forum post mentioned above.

Thank you.

3. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear cPanelMichael,

Thank you for the information and suggestion :)