The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WildCard DNS and htaccess

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by MrLeN, Dec 16, 2012.

1. MrLeN

MrLeN Active Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I have been trying to work out how to set up wildcard DNS all afternoon. There's a heap of articles online, but they all say something different. I've had a gut full. So, since I am using WHM, I have decided to come here and ask.

Basically, I want a page like this:

to load at:

I know as much as that I need "wildcard DNS". But trying to figure out exactly how to accomplish that has started giving me a headache. Can someone please just tell me where to go in WHM and what to change? Please? Before my face explodes?

I also know that's only half my problem. I've read enough articles to know that I will ALSO need a htaccess code to handle the actual redirection. If someone can help me make htaccess code that will allow:

to display the page from:

..I will sincerely appreciate it. I know that there's people who can do the above in 35 seconds. I have so far been unable to understand anything in hours of reading. If anything, I have only got more confused, because EVERY article says something different, and I don't want to start messing around with DNS and explode my whole server, as well as my face. That's too many explosions for one guy in one day.
    #1 MrLeN, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. Travis

Travis Active Member
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2002
    cPanel Main Office
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator