The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wildcard formats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil154, Feb 18, 2014.

1. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I would like to know all of the formats for rejecting email in BoxTrapper. What I mean by this is using wildcards to stop email with any domain, or email which begins with certain letters or contains certain letters, etc.

If there is a document which contains this information I would appreciate a link to it or if not maybe some could provide me with the information.

Thank you.

2. neil154

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks, the one format option I do not see is if I have an email address of test100@mydomain.com and I would like to block anything with 100@my or test100 and would appreciate your guidance.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Each entry should be formatted as a Perl regular expression. For example: john@example would be john\@example\.com and all addresses at example.com would be .+\@example\.com. Please review Perl regular expressions if you would like to create additional custom rules.

Thank you.

4. neil154

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am familiar with the example you provided but I am not familiar with Perl and that is why I would like to have examples for the above