The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wildcard SSL cert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haz_, Oct 9, 2008.

1. haz_

haz_ Member

I've been struggling to get a wildcard certificate installed, and I now have it working after resorting to manually editing /var/cpanel/userdata/username/domain_SSL, rebuilding the apache config and then restarting apache.

However, for it to work I then have to manually edit the VirtualHost section and add a "SSLCertificateChainFile" directive for the chained certificate. Is there a line I can add to /var/cpanel/userdata/username/domain_SSL to specify the chain certificate? I've tried using just "sslcertificatechainfile:" but this seems to get ignored. I don't want this change to be lost each time the apache config gets regenerated.

Does anyone know what the relevant line would be? I think it's used if you paste a bundle CA from the WHM interface, but I don't have an example of this to check against.

2. SB-Nick

SB-Nick Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I would recommend you to focus on getting your WHM fixed and to properly add wildcard SSL cert's rathern than manually editing the configs.
    cPanel allows wildcard SSL setup so you should not be adding them manually.

Maybe contact cPanel support about it.

3. haz_

haz_ Member

Thanks for the suggestion, and I may well do that later, but for now this works and I believe is exactly what the web frontend does anyway, except that it works. I just need this virtualhost up and running.

Can anyone provide the magic line generated when you paste a bundle as well as the key and cert?