The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcard SSL install problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sassou2009, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sassou2009

sassou2009 Active Member

hey guys,

i have a 3 years WildCArd ssl certificate from Trustwave,
    i would like to configure it for those subdomains:
    forum.mydomain.com
    www.mydomain.com

Error:
    Code:
    Error
    SSL install aborted due to error: The specified domain is not configured on the system. If you are intending to install a shared certificate you must use the username "nobody" for security and bandwidth reporting reasons.
    please help ASAP

2. ravindradhainwa

ravindradhainwa Well-Known Member

Hi,

In regards, to install WildCard SSL, you need to make some changes in apache conf and DNS Zone manually. After that you need to add SSL Certificate manually at /etc/ssl/certs/

3. sassou2009

sassou2009 Active Member

can u tell me how to do it please ?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. gkgcpanel

gkgcpanel Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Err. This link you mentioned, looks like it is going to a set of instructions for installing a wildcard SSL onto the main shared IP address. I'm not doing that. I'm getting the same error message as the original poster, and my customer's domain is on the server, has it's own dedicated IP address, and even comes up with the correct user name (IE: not nobody).

Yet the certificate won't install (and I have installed dozens of wildcard SSL certs on cPanel servers before without ever running into this).

Any ideas?
    Peter

6. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

cPanelTristan,

I'm trying to install wildcard SSL certificate on a domain using the steps provided by one of your tech to refer the article but no luck so far. Could you please help with the proper steps for setting up the wildcard ssl ?

If you want you can check my Support Request Id 2888042 - Wildcard SSL problem

Thanks

7. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We cannot really help in the ticket system. Please post the issue here for assistance. This is a customization and needs to be handled on the forums. Preferably on the thread they pointed you to, which I'll bet isn't this one.

8. Davis Joseph

Davis Joseph Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    This link may help you
    /http://itscolumn.com/2012/07/how-to-configure-wildcard-ssl-in-iis-7-internet-information-services/

9. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

Tristan

We purchased wildcard ssl certificate from Geotrust for *.domain.co.uk I've setup the wildcard entry in DNS zone file and added *.domain.co.uk serveralias entry in apache but while installing SSL I get following error.

--
    Error
    SSL install aborted due to error: The specified domain is not configured on the system. If you are intending to install a shared certificate you must use the username "nobody" for security and bandwidth reporting reasons.
    --

NOTE : domain and ip address are not auto picked while fetching the SSL details.

The I followed the steps as mentioned above but no luck, please guide me how to install wildcard ssl certificate.

Thanks

10. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you explain the bit about setup the DNS zone and added to Apache? The proper way to add the wildcard using cPanel is in cPanel > Subdomains area. If you did it manually in Apache and DNS instead of using cPanel > Subdomains, please remove what was done manually and add the wildcard properly in subdomains on the account in question.

After you've properly added the subdomain to cPanel > subdomains area, then install as the user nobody and change the entries as outlined in the other post. Please post on the other post after this also.