The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcard SSL installation,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mithujose, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mithujose

mithujose Registered

Hey guys,

I cant seem to perfectly install wild card SSL via WHM. I set the domain to be *.domain.com. It throws some error. Whether wildcard SSL installation feature is not available or am I doing something wrong here. Dont tell me that I have to manually edit Apache configuration for installing wildcard SSL. If that is the case it sucks!!..

2. serlex

serlex Well-Known Member

No, You should be able to install wildcard SSL certificate as the same was installing a normal certificate. Try it without the *.

3. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yeah it works fine just specific the domain and don't use a star, you should be fine. If it is for a subdomain such as www.domain.com then go ahead and use that

4. supportive

supportive Registered

how to enable ssl for subdomains

I have a wildcard SSL certificate. If i'm installing it as you guys specified, just by providing the domain name without (*), hown can I activate the same certificate for the subdomain say sub1.domain.com and sub2.domain.com. The certificate should word since its wild card.

5. supportive

supportive Registered

As a followup to my post, I need this to be done via WHM.. not by editing the apache configuration file