The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcard SSL Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtbwacko, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mtbwacko

mtbwacko Well-Known Member

I installed a wildcard SSL on the all the cPanel services (mail, ftp, etc), as well as the same ssl on the hostname (server.domain.net). It works great on the hostname but causes an error on TTLS mail connections (untrusted certificate). Another odd thing is now in the Email page of cPanel, under the instructions on how to set up an email account, the SSL settings say *.domain.net instead of mail.domain.net.

Any idea of what went wrong?

Thanks

2. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The *.domain.net issue is a bug we reported November 30th case id 45098 which is still not resolved. Only solution to that is you manually change the hostnames in the cPanel data files while keeping the wildcard certificate. So go to /var/cpanel/ssl and modify the corresponding files. For example /var/cpanel/ssl/dovecot-CN would be the file to modify if dovecot is used for mail.

Can't comment on the other issues.

3. mtbwacko

mtbwacko Well-Known Member

Thanks, that fixed the display issue in cPanel. Now I just need to figure out the ttls email issue.

4. iglou

iglou Registered

When you add your wildcard SSL certificate for dovecot/mail, enter the name of the certificate as the actual hostname you want to use (i.e. mail.yourdomain.com) instead of *.yourdomain.com. You'll still be using the wildcard certificate but you'll be telling cPanel that the certificate is actually for mail.yourdomain.com.

Seemed to work fine for us.