wildcard subdomain on another account

coopson

Registered
Jun 30, 2004
Hi,

Just looking for some advice, we have our main domain.com account and would like to park a wildcard so *.domain.com on another account.

But because domain.com is already on the server, we can't addon to the new account does anyone have any ideas or a work around?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @coopson

What is the error you get when you try to add the wildcard subdomain?

Also what is set currently for WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings -> Allow cPanel users to create subdomains across accounts as well as Allow WHM users to create subdomains across accounts.

coopson

Registered
Jun 30, 2004
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, both settings are set to enabled.

If we try to add the new wildcard subdomain, the main domain.com is not listed in the select box, so we can't add. If I then try to park domain.com as a new addon first we get the error :

(XID zccekp) The domain “domain.com” already exists in the Apache configuration.

So I am not sure how to get domain.com in the domains list on the Sub Domains page?

Thanks

coopson

Registered
Jun 30, 2004
Hi,

I have disabled both options, but i still get the same errors as above. To add the wildcard subdomain do i need to add domain.com as an addon first to make it appear in the subdomains drop down list?

Thanks for your help

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @coopson

It sounds like you already have the domain on the server because of this error:

Code:
(XID zccekp) The domain “domain.com” already exists in the Apache configuration.
And it looks like you won't be able to add the wildcard subdomain to another account - I tried adding one as an addon domain but it won't work with the wildcard. You can add a subdomain of any other account, just not using the *

The wildcard subdomain itself would need to be added within the same account as the primary domain.

Thanks!