The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcard Subdomains for ALL accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sajdlz, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sajdlz

sajdlz Registered

You know I have scoured the forums and probably missed it somewhere (maybe used the wrong search terms) but if either someone can help me or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Basically I need Wildcard Subdomains enabled for ALL accounts under a reseller. It can be for the entire server if needed but I do not want to have to edit the httpd.conf file for every single domain I add (would get extremely tedious).

If someone can tell me perhaps which config file (and what commands) to edit so this works for all virtual hosts that have the proper DNS zones it would be good.

I already have edited the DNS zone templates in WHM for the reseller account to automatically add the *.domain.tld A and MX records (and working successfully) so now just need to figure out how to get the virtual hosts for each account created to automatically handle the rest. Hopefully what I want to do makes sense....

I think there used to be an option for this in cpanel/whm somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it :confused:

2. sajdlz

sajdlz Registered

:confused:anyone??

3. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

For the existing domains, you have to manually add the Wild card entries for each domain. But for new domains, you can add the Wild card entry in VirtualHost template so that the wild card entry will be added automatically.The templates are located at /usr/local/cpanel/etc/httptemplates. Make sure that you backup the existing templates before making any change to them.