The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will an update remove my extensions?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by gareth.star, Jun 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gareth.star

gareth.star Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

I'm using EasyApache 4 with PHP 7.x.

I needed memcache support so I built the pecl-memcache extension and installed it into /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/memcache.so. I then created
    /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/memcached.ini to load the extension.

I have tested and everything seems to be working great.

When WHM/EasyApache 4 does any future updates, assuming that the updates don't include anything related to memcache, will my extension and ini file still exist and hopefully continue to function, or will they be deleted since they are not part of the EasyApache 4 installation?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Another question.

If I edited an existing ini file (eg. /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/10-opcache.ini), would my changes be retained during an update or will they revert back to whatever EasyApache 4 uses by default?

#1 gareth.star, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Firstly, bumping threads is pretty much a bad idea. Forum staff , or someone else will respond as their time is available ;)

The compiled extensions won't get removed, no. EA doesn't do that
    As far as php.ini settings, that should remain.

It's important to note that as you compile new versions of php, you'll have to recompile your extensions, most likely. Otherwise, your extensions will break php usage.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, as mentioned in the previous response, your custom settings are not removed during update. However, ensure you make the changes again in the future if switching to different version of PHP. Also, documentation on creating your own RPM packages for EasyApache is planned for the future to help users with creating their own packages.

Thank you.