Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Will cPanel Backups work with a 2 server setup?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Flyboy73, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Flyboy73

Flyboy73 Registered

I am running a two server setup (1 for web/http/etc & 1 as a dedicated database server) with WHM/cPanel running on the web server.

Is it possible to use the cPanel backup in a situation like this?

I'm not sure if it is relative but I own and operate a number of larger sized forums so I needed a dedicated database server. Only the databases are housed on that server and it has a lot of room left.

What I would ideally like to have happen is cPanel handle the backups every few days and store them on the database server. If that isn't an option I have an extra hard drive available on the web server outside of the RAID array.

Thanks

2. oderland

oderland Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

we have one setup like this also. Works great with backup but restore is a litle more difficult you va eto move db to mysql server by hand (I think) never had to use it :)

3. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can anyone confirm this? Is this true? Does one have to manually move the DB to the clustered MySQL server?