Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Will WHM change this automatically - shared IP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, Mar 24, 2003.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I have ns1 and ns2 - ns1 uses the servers main IP - so many accounts uses the IP for ns1 which is = the servers main IP. Now, due to dos attacks against this IP I need to change it in WHM - 'Server setup' => 'Edit setup'. I understand that this is the shared IP that can be change here - so it shouldn't affect the license. But my question is: if I change the servers shared IP what about all the accounts that were set up using the current IP - do I have to change this Ip to the new one manually or is this updated automatically in WHM. As A records are added in the dnz zone for each reseller account I suppose that I would have to edit this ns1 14400 IN A <Shared IP> manually. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...