The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Williestubz.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STUBZ, Nov 14, 2003.

1. STUBZ

STUBZ Member

I need to know where I can upload a script (HTML) on my domain: (williestubz.com). I have never done this before. I would really appreciate any input regarding this issue. Thanks!

ws@williestubz.com

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Do you know how to login to your account via FTP?

If you give more specifics about what you are trying to do, you may get a better response.

3. STUBZ

STUBZ Member

FTP

I am trying to upload and HTML script to basically tell people that my site is under construction. I dont know where it is that I must go to do that. I can get into my control panel for my domain, but I cant find where where it is that I can change the script that's up there. If you go into williestubz.com - you will see a screen that tells you it will "re-direct" you to my site. That's the screen that I want to modify to say "under construction." Do you understand it better?

4. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

This is probably not the best support forum to post in if you do not understand the very basics of html and web hosting. You may want to try reading the information available on this site http://build-website.com/guide/introduction.html

The file you want to edit is called index.htm and it is located in your public_html folder. The easiest way for you to edit this file with no understanding of how to upload files to your site is to logon via your cpanel and look for "file manager" (you may have to poke around to find it). Once you are in the file manager, you should click the folder labelled public_html. Inside of this folder you should see a file named index.htm . Click on the file name and you should see an option to edit the file. Click on the edit option and you should see the current text of the file. Delete everything you see in the text box and enter the following text (not including the lines with the ======= )

========BEGIN COPY==========
    <title>Welcome to WillieStubz.com</title>
    <body style="text-align:center">
    <h1>This site currently under construction</h1>
    </body>
    =======END COPY=============

Use the save dialog and save the file as index.htm and you should see a "This site currently under construction" notice the next time you visit your site.

5. STUBZ

STUBZ Member

Thanks! - I just posted this on the forum to give it a shot. I really appreciate your time. I will be learning this thoroughly... Peace!