The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

willing to hire help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roy g biv, Jan 12, 2009.

1. roy g biv

roy g biv Registered

i just bought a domain name and web hosting through hostpapa.ca. i am absolutely clueless as how to use cpanel. i have basic skills in css and i would be willing to hire someone to help me out in building a website that is easy for me to maintain and to learn that i could eventually develop more myself. i can't even manage to put up a static image saying the site is under construction. i have tried to download templates even but i tried more than one style and now this warning comes up

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

i know it's sad i am so clueless, i could definitely use some help! even if there is a book i can buy or something to understand!! eep!

2. Andrew Boring

Andrew Boring Member

You'll need to contact your webhost for help with that error. It's actually not even a cPanel error, but with a third-party program called Fantastico - but it's an easy fix.

Your host's tech support team should be able to assist you easily with that fix and also answer any cPanel usage questions you have. After all, you're paying them for the service :)

This forum is geared more toward those who operate their own cPanel servers, like your web host.

Good luck!

3. roy g biv

roy g biv Registered

thank you! i guess i'm in the wrong place after all

4. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

Error like above usually occur, when you try to install two scripts which uses files with same name. So, on trying installing the second script, it will show above error as the file it is trying to create is already existing.