The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win32

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodney-E2, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Rodney-E2

Rodney-E2 Member
    PartnerNOC

So I see the greyed out Win32 option in the manage2 now. Is this like coming shortly now? ETA?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you are referring to. If you check the cPanel front page you'll see that Windows isn't a support OS for cPanel and that's about as much information that cPanel will give for release dates.

3. webdude12

webdude12 Member

For those setup as direct resellers, there is a web based control panel, where we activate new lic. Delete Lic no longer in use, etc.. This is all used for billing. There has been a Win32 option, that at one time was available, but is now a dead icon. :)

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

With which provider is this? This isn't a feature of cPanel. Is it some form of VPS control panel perhaps?

5. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    They are referreing to cPanel's billig/license Manager area. It has nothing to do with WHM/cPanel but with license management at cPanel.

Any questions regarding the manage2 area should be directed to cPanel billing area.

6. webdude12

webdude12 Member

Correct, we are talking about something that runs on cPanel's server, not a part of cpanel, etc. This is where we pay for the licences we use, change which IPs the lics are on, etc.. There was a windows icons, but as said, its not greyed out, and not clickable. :confused:

7. dan_c

dan_c Active Member

This seems to be a hot topic: I came here looking to find out if there is a set date for Windows cPanel as well. Circumstances have forced me to switch to Windows systems, and unless cPanel should *miraculously* release cPanel for Windows in the next few weeks, it looks like it will be Plesk for me - bleh.