The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by addy1978, Jul 12, 2010.

1. addy1978

addy1978 Registered

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but i just wondered if anyone can help

One of our clients have reported that he cant access cpanel or whm when using windows 7

Does anyone know if this is an issue and if there is a way to fix it?

Cheers :)

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    More details are needed

We do not know of anything that would specifically affect Windows 7 for accessing the WebHost Manager and/or cPanel. We would need the following details:

• What browser and version is the client using?
    • How is the client trying to access WHM/cPanel? Using port 2083/2087 (secure), 2082/2086 (non-secure), /cpanel or /whm, or using whm.domain.tld or cpanel.domain.tld?
    • What happens when the client tries to access the WHM or cPanel? Is there an error message, a blank page, or does it time out?

If the client is behind any kind of firewall, ask him to try using the format whm.domain.tld or cpanel.domain.tld, instead of the /cpanel or /whm redirects or specifying a port. If you have proxy subdomains enabled, this will allow the client to access cPanel/WHM via port 80, and hopefully avoid firewall restrictions that may not allow access to the cPanel/WHM ports.

3. pjman

pjman Well-Known Member

It's Not Windows 7 that's the problem.

I have about 13 different Cpanel's that I access on 7 different computers that all use Windows 7 on separate networks. I never ever had a problem.

I think remember 1 Firefox bug on Cpanel about 5 years ago, but the Cpanel team is quick to fix everything. After reporting it, it was fixed the following night in a new build.