The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wml testers (survey)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdraco, Dec 23, 2001.

1. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I\'m looking for people to test the wml/wap version of whm, please email me -> nick@cpanel.net if you are intrested.

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

Just point your mobile device at your WHM and see what happens :)

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

For any of those who have tried this before and you got html, please try build 183 or later. This should work with Up.browser 3 now.

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I\'d like to get an idea what phones this works with as well as providers. If you\'ve tested it, please post your results in this thread.

Sample:

Phone i85s
    Provider Nextel
    Works Great

5. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

Ericcson R520 m

over GPRS connection (RL Libancell)
    (in lebanon)

works great and fast

6. asuservice

asuservice Well-Known Member

QualComm 2035 using QWest

Did OK, several errors some where missing pages but when I checked /usr/local/cpanel/docroot they were in fact missing. I did get one compile error ... not sure what that is/was

I assume this is alpha so with that in mind it\'s doing pretty good. :cool:

Best Regards,
    Mike
    ASU Service

7. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:4cfd6e339b][i:4cfd6e339b]Originally posted by asuservice[/i:4cfd6e339b]
    QualComm 2035 using QWest

Did OK, several errors some where missing pages but when I checked /usr/local/cpanel/docroot they were in fact missing. I did get one compile error ... not sure what that is/was

I assume this is alpha so with that in mind it\'s doing pretty good. :cool:

Best Regards,
    Mike
    ASU Service [/quote:4cfd6e339b]

Got any idea what features you would like to sse first ?

8. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Nick... I could kiss you :)

Man... I was in a bind today and tried the WHM with my Qualcomm Thinphone QCP-860 on Verizon\'s network and got right in... checked server status and a few other things and it all worked great!!!! Nice job man. Seems to work on even while roaming on digital networks, Alltell and ATT/ suncomm / ... but the most use I got out of it was local Verizon. Very fast as well and this is a older phone. Very easy to use menu you have. I like it so far...great feature man.!!!

9. ahwheelock

ahwheelock Well-Known Member

I accidentally found the wap stuff yesterday and am very excited. I was using a palm browser throuh the sprint qnc and got a nice menu of options. The only one that came up was service status, which looked nice. When I clicked account, I still got service status screen. I\'d like to help you debug this if you need me.

10. asuservice

asuservice Well-Known Member

[quote:1460702aff][i:1460702aff]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:1460702aff]

Got any idea what features you would like to sse first ? [/quote:1460702aff]

Sorry so long to reply Nick ... Damn QWest is so unstable that trying to check everything out is a pain. I have a new phone that should be better but the web isn\'t available on it yet! :-{ ... sure would love to dump the QWest phone.

Anyway, sorry I can\'t be more help.

Mike

11. AmityHosting

AmityHosting Member

nokia 7110 and awsome

i love it, although can u add soem back buttons as i have to click on the homepage each time maeing it about 30 misn to test it out :P

12. Conor

Conor Registered

Nokia 6210 on Eircell (Ireland)

Looks good and fast , even at 9600bps!

Ditto that about the BACK button. On the server Info or Status screens, the BACK button on the phone is not active ... maybe some problem with the WML ? Its there in the menu\'s OK.

Can only get server info/status - I assume thats all thats implemented yet !
    Also, is there any WML equivalent of the NOCACHE meta tag ? Otherwise we\'ll need to have to hit reload all the time.

First priority for implementation would be the start/restart services menu.

Second would be the account stuff - a quick create based on the predefined packages).

Third would be suspend/unsuspend.

Of course rather than WAP which was never really that great, maybe the emphasis should be on an alternate skin for WHM (and maybe cpanel too) optimised for a PDA size screen. With the new GPRS/3GS phone/PDA combos on the way this might be a better way to go ?

13. Stenny Chong

Stenny Chong Well-Known Member

Work at 3530, Malaysia, Digi Network.

Please add other options too.

Thanks, and its great to have this include in cpanel.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: