The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woa! No Support!??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by formadmirer, Apr 18, 2007.

1. formadmirer

formadmirer Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Just finished working through some info regarding quota problems from The very last line reads "If everything is not working after these steps, please submit a support request."

Everything is not working right so I go to support to submit a request. There I am presented with a message stating that if I didn't purchase my license directly from cpanel, and I did not, that I cannot submit a support ticket and would have to instead contact the company I purchased my license through. What?

Nothing I read anywhere prior to the purchase told me I wouldn't be entitled to support from cpanel - after all it is their product.

The company I purchased the license from didn't tell me I couldn't get support from cpanel. Sure, they did offer a higher priced package that included support from them, but why do that when support is (or should be!) available from cpanel.

Luckily for me I have no accounts on this system. I basically got the license so I could install the software and learn it and then maybe, just maybe, go live.

As it turns out, if no support is available, I will not use cpanel at all. I will instead request a refund from the licenser, and failing that, dispute the charge with my cc company.

I know, I know, support is available here in the forums. Yea, right! I've posted two questions since I first installed several days ago. And guess what. No replies! That's right, no replies at all. In both cases I ended up solving the problems myself.

This is no way to run a software business!!! :mad:
  2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2001
    The company you purchase your license from has a support agreement from us. They are to handle direct support for their customers and then escalate issues to us that they cannot solve.

If the company you purchased your license from is refusing to offer support, they are not following their agreement w/ us. Please PM me to discuss. Please see:

"Email Support is available for all direct license holders. If you obtain your licensing through a hosting company or data center, you should contact them for technical support."

The forums are definitely not an official support channel.
    #2 DaveUsedToWorkHere, Apr 18, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2007