NZVAN

Registered
May 13, 2020
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey,

Not sure where to post this but a basic question.

Ever since the ISP I work for has migrated customers domains onto another host/server within our Company, some customers have had issues accessing Word Press via cPanel and can not locate the files within File Manager,

Is there a " general" or "common" area in file manager etc where these may be? ie public html? Also customer has since experienced the classic "hello world" notice on WP ever since then too.

For this WHM , we are using v86.0.18. I am somewhat of a novice and trying to understand the basics of cPanel more clearly.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The wordpress files would be in the document root of the domain, in most cases as noted already that's the public_html - but addon domains/subdomains may have separate documentroots - this is noted in their respective interfaces within cPanel.

Also customer has since experienced the classic "hello world" notice on WP ever since then too.
Not sure what would cause this to occur - do you mean a maintenance or error page?

NZVAN

Registered
May 13, 2020
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I believe it is a post on WP that is there after installation, a place holder or something. Maybe the WP files on cPanel have been accidentally moved on migration causing this, i am not sure.