The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress Install from cpAddons FAIL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jerrek71, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jerrek71

jerrek71 Active Member

Hi all,
    I kind of hijacked a previous thread and got no answer so I thought probably best to raise my own thread about it ;-)

If an account holder sets up WordPress through the cpAddons set of scripts then everything looks like it worked ok, but when they try to login they are told;

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

This is NOT a username/password issue, they get the expected login failed screen if they get their username and password wrong.

This is with Wordpress 2.8.6 cpAddon module on cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9

I've done a force refresh of all cpAddon Sources and still no joy. It's been like this since at least 2.8.4 version of WordPress. It seems like the WordPress permissions have been stripped so the admin user doesn't even have permission to see anything at all when they login?

I'm pretty familiar with WP, but I can't see what to add to the database to fix the issue even... Though I'd prefer an install script that worked properly in the first place of course ;-)

Any help much appreciated.
    Steve.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please submit a support request so that we may inspect the specific circumstances of the described issue; this is necessary to ensure accuracy in diagnosis and efficient troubleshooting. When available, please PM me the ticket ID so I may follow-up internally. If needed, the link in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission.

3. jerrek71

jerrek71 Active Member

I have to say I am amazingly impressed with the speed that cPanel techs picked this up. I expected to wait days, but it was literally only minutes before someone from cPanel had e-mailed me to begin work on it.

AND, what a breath of fresh air to get someone who knew what they were doing (I've never used cPanel support before, but other companies support can be quite woeful). I fully expected some extra hassle because my server only allows logins from pre-defined SSH authorised keys. Most times I need to get support on the server I have to re-enable password access for a while. Not so with cPanel, the technician said 'heres my SSH public key' and within minutes he was logged in and solving my problem.

Awesome service cPanel, just brilliant.

The solution to this problem at this stage is just a workaround. cPanel doesn't deal well with changing the WordPress database table prefix from wp.

So, if you get the error mentioned above on a fresh Wordpress Addons installation, make sure you only use wp as the database table prefix.

Thanks to cPanel for the amazingly quick response to this.

4. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Well-Known Member

hi there

Could I trouble Cpanel to post a fix here please? I have raised a ticket re. this and it has been solved once before, but my Manage2 interface does not give me permission to view old tickets, only create new ones. This keeps cropping up, so it would be helpful for a public fix we can apply ourselves.

Many thanks
    Dude

#4 BigLebowski, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Is a custom database table prefix being used when attempting the installation of WordPress via cPAddons?

Please try using the stock-default database table prefix for WordPress (i.e., "wp"); when viewing via phpMyAdmin the table names should begin with "wp" followed by an underscore.

I can help search for an older ticket to confirm the specific resolution involved; feel free to send me a PM about this.