Wordpress install in addon domain directory issue

marcuszan

Apr 19, 2018
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I am new here, did a short introduction but this is my first real post.
I am struggling with a clean setup regarding primary domain folder being in /public_html
and the addon domain being placed in this folder as addondomain.com
I read a lot about this and people suggested a fix like this:
======
vim /var/cpanel/userdata/USERNAME/DOMAINNAME.COM

Change USERNAME with your cPanel account name.
Change DOMAINNAME.COM with your Primary domain name.
Step 2 – Update Documentoot

After editing file, search for text documentroot and change path as per your requirements.

documentroot: /home/USERNAME/public_html/PRIMAIRYDOMAIN.COM

Step 3 – Rebuild and Restart Apache

After making changed, we need to rebuild Apache configuration file and restart Apache server. Use following command to do it.

/scripts/rebuildhttpdconf
service httpd restart
=========

This works as it places the primairy domain nice next to the addon domains so they are on the same directory level, however, when I use the cpanel wordpress installer plugin for the primary domain, it still installs wordpress in /public_html and not in public_html/primairydomain.com

Is there any fix for this ?

thanks in advance,
Marco

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

You are correct, I just tested this and the cPanel>>Site Software>> WordPress installer will not recognize custom documentroots for the primary domain. I've opened an internal case CPANEL-19918 for our development to look into. I do want to point out that this is a customization and unfortunately we can't always guarantee that customizations will work as intended. The case if actioned will be updated in our when available. You can check them here: Change Logs - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

marcuszan

Apr 19, 2018
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am leaning towards creating seperate accounts for each domain in WHM right now to keep it more clean and simple, instead of using the addon domain feature