The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress query

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scampsall, Nov 16, 2010.

1. scampsall

scampsall Registered

Hi,
    I'm very new at web developing/programming etc but I'm doing some voluntary work for a charity who really need their site overhauled.

They're using cPanel already, which is great, but I was hoping to use Wordpress for the redesign. Obviously Wordpress needs to access a database such as MySQL (if not exclusively MySQL?!) and this is where my problem is...

Under the 'General Account Information' sidebar it says 'SQL Database - 0/0' and there is no 'Databases' box in the main field (where there's 'Preferences', 'Files' etc). :(

So, the crux of this is, I'm assuming I don't have any option to host or access a MySQL Database and, therefore, use Wordpress?
    If so, is there anyway around it?

To spice things up, if I need to contact the hosting firm to have that feature added, they appear to have ceased trading and are entirely uncontactable!

Will owe a serious debt of gratitude if you can help me! :)

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the cPanel environment, the administrator (root or reseller) has the option to limit how many databases each cPanel user account is allowed to create, and it appears that your account is not allowed to create any databases. Unfortunately, there is no way to work around this without assistance from the server administrator or reseller.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

No access to create a database, no contact possible, IMHO, the only real answer here is: time to find a new host.