The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Sites, cpAddon and best practices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladydi711, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ladydi711

ladydi711 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a few customers using Wordpress for their sites. Each account has installed WP manually on their site. Some are good at keeping up-to-date, some are not.

Does anyone have any insight to best practices for WP installation on WHM/cPanel. It seems with the cpAddon there are "one-click" install and update features.

What are some advantages of having my customers use these features? Do they automatically update? Can a user install the cpAddon if they already have a manual installation of WP?

Any insight is appreciated!
    Diane

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The advantage to using WordPress through the cPAddon feature is that it's an easier install and update process. However, no you can't convert from a manual installation to a cPAddon installation.

Thank you.

3. dazeck

dazeck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could try one of the installer packages, I have used Softaculous in the past, but now use Installatron as I like the interface better. They both allow you to import already installed applications. Both will incur an extra cost, but you can pay for a year for $12 (Softaculous) or $25 (Installatron), both offer a trial.

Infopro likes this.