Wordpress Toolkit Deluxe WP-Config Additions

Feb 3, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So something I've recently noticed in the WP-Config's for the sites with the toolkit enabled is some (not all) have had lines added by the toolkit. Despite all of the sites being set to install minor Wordpress updates automatically not all of the additions are the same. For example:

• A lot of sites have the following addition:
    • // This setting is required to make sure that WordPress updates can be properly managed in WordPress Toolkit. Remove this line if this WordPress website is not managed by WordPress Toolkit anymore.
      /**
  • define('WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', 'minor');// This setting is required to make sure that WordPress updates can be properly managed in WordPress Toolkit. Remove this line if this WordPress website is not managed by WordPress Toolkit anymore.
    /**
  • And some sites have no additions at all.

I can't find any consistency with why this is added. It'd make sense if they all had the 2nd dot point since that's what they're all configured for but the large majority have either the 1st or 3rd dot point. I understand why it should be there, what I don't understand is why it's not consistent. Can someone explain this please?

Feb 3, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I believe it may be due to the different times installation happened, which used different versions of the Toolkit software. For an official answer, I'll tag @custer to see if he can get you more details on why you may be experiencing this.
Thanks for your reply. Some of them were not created with the toolkit at all, in fact most of them weren't since it wasn't available at the time. But using the 2nd dot point as an example. One of my oldest sites has had that added, which wasn't created with the toolkit. Whereas sites that I have made with the toolkit do not have that and it's hit and miss if they have anything at all.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For a while, WordPress Toolkit would automatically scan the system and add the entry you see in your second point. You can find many more details on the evolution of that option in this thread here:

As the software has been updated, the behavior has changed a few times, which will likely explain the things you're seeing.