WordPress toolkit/manager on the horizon?

akust0m

Feb 19, 2016
Melbourne
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there!

I understand that cPanel has made a start with the WordPress Manager, however, it is still a long way off compared to Plesk's WordPress Toolkit that supports staging, cloning, smart updates etc..

Is expanding this WordPress Manager feature on the roadmap for the near future?

I'm feeling very tempted to fire up some Plesk servers to utilize this functionality but would love to do it on cPanel if similar functionality is coming soon :)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @akust0m

We've already made a lot of changes to the Wordpress Manager and we definitely have some improvements to the functionality of it on the roadmap including cloning, updates and security enhancements. A lot of these are due out in the next couple versions this year. I also spoke with the Product Owner for the team working on these and he let me know they have more plans for features here that will be getting updated soon as well.

Would you like for me to update you when there's more information available on what they have planned?

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @akust0m

Looking at their roadmap the only additional feature I see being planned right now is the ability to clone an existing wordpress to another domain/subdomain which looks to have been slated for v80 of cPanel/WHM but it's not present in edge at this time.

Backups were introduced in January and automatic updates have been available for some time now.