The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working on a theme: e.skin

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by eStudios, Jun 8, 2003.

1. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

I took it in my own initiative to go and look into all the free skins provided by cpanel and xskin (before bert closed it down). Well, I basically just studied the variables and used a few api lists and well I came up with something. It's not much, but here's a peek at it:

http://www.entense.net/ss-eskinv1.gif

I gave credits to Bert since I did use his skin to help me work things and I used his startup date code.

I may or may not release it and if I do release it, it's still up for grabs on whether or not a price will be asked for it.

Good Day.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Edizon

Edizon Well-Known Member

Skins

Giving Bert credit is a really good idea, however he has stated on many occasions that his skins are not to be resold. Also he really doesn't want his skin(or copied skin) distributed. I would have really asked Bert if this was ok. This has been a major issue recently in these forums.

I really don't see many similarities to the CPanel X however. Unless the inside pages are the same.

3. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

Let me clear a few things up for the misinformed. I gave Bert credit because I read his more and got it down packed more thoroughly in regards how to use cpanel api. I used 1 thing that Bert used in xSkin 2.0. Whether or not he made it is besides the point and therefore I gave him credit on the footer. It was all out of common courtesy from learning the most from his skin and using that 1 thing. As for the rest, it was completely my ideas and design, etc. I hope this clears any issues up with those that are concerned.

Good Day.

#3 eStudios, Jun 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2003
  4. spiraltechnics

spiraltechnics Active Member

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Looks excellent. Maybe this could replace xskin as a free addon?;)

6. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good noodles....

7. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

Thanks guys! This is more than what I expect from 3 forums that I informed of this skin that I will possibly begin a series with. All positive remarks! :D

This issue is still up for grabs. No definate decision has been made on my part. I shall keep you all informed on the updates and everything.

Note: the host I am using does not yet have fantastico and I working through them to throw together this skin, so if anyone can help produce the files that fantastico uses or anything else for that matter, it will be greatly appreciated and you will most definately recieve a copy for free (if I do decide to sell it). :)

Good Day

8. Edizon

Edizon Well-Known Member

Hey,

I am sorry if the way I sounded was like you ripped him off. I did'nt mean that at all. Your skin resembles nothing to his. Your skins is very well designed, and has a failry unque layout. I was just wondering why you gave him credit when he has yeilded any efforts to distribute makes of his own skin. I was not saying you skin was a copy of his. I was just pointing out that if you in fact used his skins code, he may not have been happy. Since you have cleared that up, I am sure he will feel appreciative that he was given credit for something he had little to do with. I know what you mean.

I think your skin is extremely nice. I would take a second look into these forums before you consider releasing you skin for free. Some people have had many troubles with free skins in the past. I would keep it low cost so everyone can enjoy, but there is a lot of effort involved in keeping a theme updated and these users happy. Keeping these users happy is almost impossible.

Best Regards,

KT

9. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

Well, updates for the skin, it's looking good. I had to rearrange the icons due to me adding more to it. I also decided to get fantastico and so that's another positive thing. On another note, I have talked to Bert and for anyone thought process issues on similarities, etc. Bert said it himself that there's no comparison and he thanks me for giving him credit.

I shall post some more info and further screenshots of pages in the skin later this week.

Good Day :)

10. joey111

joey111 BANNED

Don't do what bert did. Give it free then decide to charge for it. you better make up your mind free or pay. you will end up like hime a cry cry cry baby

11. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

Do not attempt to throw your ignorance my way. I respect Bert and what he has done with xSkin and as people have said, it's people like you that ruin thing. Lets just say I would do what Bert has done, I will not be a "cry cry cry baby". It's a simple solution really, but that's besides the point. And well I have come up with this solution due to people like you. When it is ready for release, whether free or not, only those that request via pm/email will recieve it. Those that throw nonsense towards people like Bert and myself will not.

Good Day.

12. spiraltechnics

Re: Skins

I dont think anyone said it looked like Xksins. I dont see it at least.

#12 spiraltechnics, Jun 11, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2003
  13. spiraltechnics

Re: Skins

Nice skins

14. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Working on a theme: e.skin

Oh look here "it" pops up again like a bad disease....

15. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

spiral, it was edizon that mentioned the stuff about xskins, not that it resembled it, but the code, which was another false assumption that is now cleared up.

softmeg, lol yeah.. I was tired of seeing him complain in the xskin 2.0 thread and then he found his way to my thread. I sure do pity people of his kind. Hey and the funny thing is, both him and that person that posted the decryptor are probably members of this forum under a bogus username. heh

Btw, thanks for the kind remarks. I will update it soon enough and post the news.

Good Day.

16. joey111

joey111 BANNED

my ignorance? i just added you to my list. Weclome aboard bonehead.

17. eStudios

eStudios Active Member

Yes your ignorance. What you did to Bert regarding his skin was ignorant and to come at me when I have nothing to do with him or for that matter and tell me what to do as in I better make it free or pay. As for the wonderful queer list I am on, I feel so priveledged. Only the little snots like yourself thrive on being a member of a forum to just harrass and taunt your ignorance where it is highly not requested nor accepted.

Good Day Loser :)

18. bert

bert Well-Known Member

What have we done to you buddy? We gave you 2, not 1, but 2 nice looking skins for more than a year, we updated them regularly so that your customers could enjoy cPanel's latest features and now because we want to reserve the right to do whatever we want with our work, you will put us on "your list"?

I could care less about you and your behavior, but your attitude is only helping you make enemies in these forums. Please leave these people and this board alone and go somewhere else.

19. joey111

joey111 BANNED

What? What? no encrypttion is a good thing bonehead. Make enemies? Nope i am making everyone love me more :D :D and I love it.

Did everyone download the skins?

Shut up eStudios. Not requested who cares what you think. So did you decide what you are going to do with your skin, I cant wait :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. bert

bert Well-Known Member

If I stop seeing your stupid posts for more than 3 months, I will probably make some type of decision.